同愛加勒比~
MY JOLLY SAILOR BOLD
我那快樂勇敢的水手
Upon one summer’s morning, I carefully did stray,
壹個夏日清晨,我小心的踱著步子
Down by the Walls of Wapping, where I met a sailor gay,
在Wapping(建於18世紀倫敦城的壹處堡壘)墻下,我遇到壹個快樂的水手
Conversing with a bouncing lass, who seem’d to be in pain,
與他交談的可愛女子,看來似乎很傷心
Saying, William, when you go, I fear you will ne’er return again.
她說威廉啊,妳這壹走,恐怕永遠也不回來了
His hair it does in ringlets hang, his eyes as black as soles, (soundtrack中改為his hair hangs in ringlets...)
他的頭發自然卷曲,他的眼睛烏黑深邃
My happiness attend him wherever he goes,
無論他走到哪裏,我都快樂相隨
From Tower Hill, down to Blackwall, I will wander, weep and moan,
從Tower Hill到Blackwall(兩地均屬古倫敦城),我將壹路遊蕩,帶著眼淚和惆悵
All for my jolly sailor bold, until he does return.
都只為我那快樂勇敢的水手,直到他歸來那天
My father is a merchant — the truth I will now tell,
我現在就道出原委——我的父親是個商人
And in great London City in opulence doth dwell,
現居於大倫敦城中,殷實富庶
His fortune doth exceed ?300,000 in gold,
他的家財多過30萬鎊金兩
And he frowns upon his daughter, ‘cause she loves a sailor bold.
而女兒是他的心病,因為她愛上個窮水手
A fig for his riches, his merchandize, and gold,
不在乎那些富有、家產和金幣
True love is grafted in my heart; give me my sailor bold:
真愛深印我心,我只要那個勇敢的水手
Should he return in poverty, from o’er the ocean far,
即便他航行迢迢千裏,歸來仍壹貧如洗
To my tender bosom, I’ll fondly press my jolly tar.
我依然敞開溫柔的懷抱,深情地擁抱我快樂的水手(tar義指水手)
My sailor is as smiling as the pleasant month of May,
我的水手微笑著,正似美妙的五月壹般晴朗
And oft we have wandered through Ratcliffe Highway,
我們經常漫步在Ratcliffe大道上
Where many a pretty blooming girl we happy did behold,
那裏有許多年輕美麗的女孩兒
Reclining on the bosom of her jolly sailor bold.
依偎在屬於她們的快樂勇敢的水手懷中
My name it is Maria, a merchant’s daughter fair,
我的名字是Maria,壹名商人的女兒
And I have left my parents and three thousand pounds a year,
我已經離開父母,拋棄了壹年3000鎊的富足生活
Come all you pretty fair maids, whoever you may be
來吧,美麗的金發女孩,不管妳是誰
Who love a jolly sailor bold that ploughs the raging sea,
愛上了投身洶湧大海的快樂勇敢水手
While up aloft, in storm or gale, from me his absence mourn,
每每狂風大作,暴風驟雨,都為遠去的他擔憂揪心
And firmly pray, arrive the day, he home will safe return.
又在心中堅定地祈禱,總有壹天他會平安歸家
My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold,
我的心被愛神之箭射中,金錢在我眼中皆如糞土
There is nothing that can console me but my jolly sailor bold
沒有什麽能帶給我安慰,除了我那快樂勇敢的水手