SPEAKING
課文翻譯
JOHN:I’m 15 years old and I love football. I also like reading, especially 約翰:我15歲,我喜歡足球,我也喜歡讀書,尤其
stories about people from other countries. I don’t enjoy singing, nor 是有關其他國家人的書。我不喜歡唱歌,也
do I like computers. I think that rock music is terrible. 不喜歡電腦,我認為搖滾音樂很可怕。
ANN:Hi,I’m Ann. I’m 16 and I like dancing and computers. I also like
安妮:妳們好,我是安妮。我16歲,我喜歡跳舞和電腦。我也喜歡
rock music. I hate hiking and I’m not /into/ classical music. I don’t 搖滾音樂。我不喜徒步旅行,我對古典音樂無興趣。我不
enjoy reading too much. 太喜歡讀書。
STEVE:I’m 14 years old and I love skiing. Other favourite hobbies are 史蒂夫:我14歲,我喜歡滑雪。其他的嗜好是
reading and singing. I don’t like hiking. I think that rock music is 讀書和唱歌。我不喜歡徒步旅行。我認為搖滾音樂
too loud, and I think that football is boring. 太吵鬧,並且我認為足球很惹人煩。
PETER:I’m from Australia. I’m 15 and I’m fond of singing. I sing a lot, 彼得:我來自澳大利亞,我15歲,我喜歡唱歌,我不停地唱歌。
and when I’m not singing, I listen to rock music or use my 當我不唱歌的時候,我聽搖滾音樂或玩
computer. I don’t like football and I think that classical music 電腦。我不喜歡足球,我認為古典音樂
is terrible. I hate dancing! 很糟糕,我不喜歡跳舞。
SARAH:My name is Sarah and I’m 14 years old. My interests are reading 薩拉:我叫薩拉,我14歲。我的愛好是讀
novels, playing football and singing songs. I think that rock 小說、踢足球、唱歌。我認為搖滾
music is terrible, and I don’t like dancing. I don’t enjoy 音樂很糟糕。我不喜歡跳舞,也不喜歡
computers either. 電腦。
JOE:Hi there. I’m Joe. I really like computers. I surf the Internet 喬:妳好,我叫喬。我的確喜歡電腦。我壹直上網,
all the time and I like playing computer games. I don’t enjoy 我喜歡玩電腦遊戲,我不喜歡
football and I hate hiking. Rock music is OK, and so is skiing. 足球,不喜歡徒步旅行。搖滾音樂很好,滑雪也不錯。
READING
課文翻譯
CHUCK?S FRIEND
查克的朋友
In the movie Cast Away, Tom Hanks plays a man named Chuck Noland. 在電影《荒島余生》中,湯姆漢克斯扮演主人公查克·諾蘭。
Chuck is a businessman who is always so busy that he has little time for his 查克是壹個生意人。他非常忙,沒有時間
friends. He is a successful manager in a company that sends mail all over the 會朋友。他是壹位成功的經理,他的公司向全世界各地發送郵件。
world. One day Chuck is on a flight across the Pacific Ocean when suddenly 壹天,查克乘坐的航班在飛越太平洋時,
his plane crashes. Chuck survives the crashes and lands on a deserted island. 突然飛機墜毀。在這次墜毀事故中,查克幸免於難,掉到在壹個荒島上。
On the island, Chuck has to learn to survive all alone. He has to learn 在這個島上,查克不得不學習獨自壹人生存。他必須學會
how to collect water, hunt for food, and make fire. Perhaps the most difficult 怎樣取水,怎樣獵取食物以及怎樣生火。或許最困難的
challenge is how to survive without friends. Insgroupsto survive, Chuck deve? 挑戰是如何在沒有朋友的情況下生存。為了生存,查克與
lops a friendship with an unusual friend—a volleyball he calls Wilson. 壹個不尋常的朋友——壹個他稱之為威爾遜的排球,建立了友誼。
Chuck learns a lot about himself when he is alone on the island. He reali-? 當查克獨自壹人在那個島上的時候,他對自己了進行了很多反思。
ses that he hasn’t been a very good friend because he has always been think-? 他意識到他不是壹個很好的朋友,因為他總是
ing about himself. During his five years on the island, Chuck learns how to be 想著自己。在島上生活的五年期間,他學會了
a good friend to Wilson. Even though Wilson is just a volleyball, he becomes 怎樣和威爾遜做好朋友。盡管威爾遜僅僅是壹只排球,他還是
fond of him. He talks to him and treats him as a friend. Chuck learns that 很快就喜歡上了它。他和威爾遜談話,把他看做朋友。查克懂得了
we need friends to share happiness and sorrow, and that it is important to have 我們需要朋友來同甘***苦,而且照
someone to care about. He also learns that he should have cared more about 顧別人是很重要的。他也意識到他本應該多關心
his friends. When he makes friends with Wilson, he understands that friend-? 朋友。當他和威爾遜結交朋友時,他明白
ship is about feelings and that we must give as much as we take. 友誼之情是雙向的,我們付出的必須和得到的壹樣多。
A volleyball is certainly an unusual friend. Most of our friends are human 排球當然是壹個不尋常的朋友。我們的大多數朋友都是
beings, but we also make friends with animals and even things. For example, 人,但我們也和動物甚至和壹些東西交朋友。例如,
many of us have pets, and we all have favourite objects such as a lucky pen 很多人有寵物,我們還有壹些喜歡的東西,諸如壹支幸運的鋼筆
or a diary. The lesson we can learn from Chuck and all the others who have 或壹個日記本。我們從查克和那些擁有不尋常的朋友的人身上
unusual friends is that friends are teachers. Friendship helps us understand 得到的教訓是——朋友是老師。友誼使我們
who we are, why we need each other and what we can do for 明白我們是怎樣的人,為什麽我們需要對方,我們彼此能為對方
each other. 做點什麽。
INTEGRATING SKILLS
課文翻譯
Reading and writing
Do you know that you can use the Internet to make friends? You may 妳知道可以用因特網交朋友嗎?妳或許
know that a pen friend, or pen pal, is someone you write letters to. But what 知道可以寫信交筆友。但是
is an e?pal, or key pal? Yes, you guessed it! An e?pal is someone you write 妳知道什麽是e朋友或者是key朋友嗎?嗨!妳猜對了!e朋友是妳
e-mail to. E?mail is faster and cheaper than letters, so you can write to your 寫電子郵件交的朋友。電子郵件比信件快捷,便宜,因此妳可以
e-pals every day and you don’t have to wait for a letter to arrive. Just write 每天給妳的e朋友寫信而不必等待來信。妳需要做的僅僅是
your message and click it away! Read the following e?pal ads. Write an e?mail 寫完信後,敲擊鍵盤,壹切就辦妥了。讀下面的交友啟事。給其中的壹位
to one of them. 寫壹封電子郵件。
Hello everyone, I’m Jane. I live in South Carolina. I like painting. I’m 大家好,我是簡。我住在南卡羅萊納。我喜歡畫畫。
15 and I’m a student. I like talking and joking around and I like to listen to 我15歲,是壹名學生。我喜歡聊天,開玩笑,聽
rock music. I am looking for e?pals from any country. 搖滾。我想找壹個e朋友,無論是那個國家的都行。
Hi. My name is Jack. I am tall and I have blue eyes. I like sports. I play 嗨,我的名字是傑克。我是個高個,有壹雙藍眼睛。我喜歡運
soccer. I love to make people laugh. I love singing and dancing. I am honest 動,我愛踢足球。我喜歡逗別人笑。我非常喜愛唱歌跳舞。我很誠實,
and I like to have fun. I like talking to people. If you’re interested in being 是個樂天派。我喜歡和人談話。如果妳有興趣和我成為
friends, drop me a line. 朋友,就給我寫信吧。
天使精靈的家園