Long ago ran the sun,on a folk who had a dream and the heart and the will and the power
很早以前在陽光下,有壹個擁有夢想、愛心、意誌和力量的民族
They moved earth,they carved stone,moulded hill and channeled stream。That we might stand on the wide plains of Wiltshire
他們開墾大地,雕刻石頭,堆砌山脈和開鑿河流。使我們能站在寬廣的威爾特郡平原上
Now men asked who they were, how they built and wonder why,That they wrought standing stones of such size
如今人們問起他們是誰,想知道他們為何要雕刻鍛造出如此巨大的立石
What was done neath our shade? What was prayed neath our skies?
(他們)曾在這片土地上做了什麽事?在這片天空下祈禱了什麽?
As we stood on the wyrd plains of Wiltshire
像我們壹樣站在這片神奇的威爾特郡平原上
Oh,what secrets we could tell if you‘d listen and be still
噢,如果妳願意安靜地聆聽,我們可以告訴妳秘密
Rid the stink and the noise from our skirts
把那些臟臭和謠傳從我們的衣服上洗去
But you haven’t got the clue and perhaps you never will
但妳還沒得到線索,或許妳永遠不會得到
Mute we stand on the cold plains of Wiltshire
沈默的我們站在寒冷的威爾特郡平原上
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away
隨著歲月流逝,我們仍然迷失在這片迷霧中
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
我們對自己說:“他們就在這!”
That they built us and they died and you"ll not be knowing why
他們創造了我們後滅亡了,而我們永遠也不會知道為什麽
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire
讓我們站在這片光禿的威爾特郡平原上