The Country Mouse And the City Mouse 鄉下老鼠和城市老鼠
The City Mouse comes to visit his old friend, the Country Mouse, who lives in the country, They have’t met for a long time, so they are very happy to see each other . 城市老鼠來拜訪他的老朋友住在鄉下的老鼠,他們很久沒見面了,所以他們都很高興見到對方。
The city Mouse gets off the city bus . 城市老鼠下了都市公***汽車。
Welcome , my old friend ! I am so happy to see you . 歡迎,我的老朋友!我真高興見到妳。
Hello there ,my old friend ! I missed you very much . 妳好,我的老朋友!我很想妳。
You must be very hungry . Let’s go to my house .I prepared two special dishes for you . 妳壹定很餓了,我們到我家去吧。我為妳準備了兩樣特別的菜。
Oh thank you very much . I am very hungry . 哦,非常感謝妳,我真的很餓了。
The City Mouse and the Country Mouse arrive at the Country Mouse’s tiny . old house . City Mouse looks surprised . 城市老鼠和鄉下老鼠到了鄉下老鼠那又小又舊的家。城市老鼠很驚訝。
My goodness ! How can you live here ? The house is so small and old . 我的天!這裏妳怎麽住得下?這房子是這麽的小和舊。
Perhaps . But it’s quiet and cozy . And I am happy here . 或許吧,但他們非常安靜和舒適,而且我在這裏很快樂。
Hmm . Really ? ! I can’t understand you . 嗯,真的嗎?我不理解妳。
Sit here . I’ll bring out the food . 坐這兒,我把事物端出來。
The Country Mouse puts the food on the table . 鄉下老鼠把食物放在桌上。
Here is some lunch . Please eat . 這裏有壹些午餐,請用。
You must be kidding? Dry bread and corn? How can you eat such things? 妳壹定是在開玩笑吧!烤面包和玉米?妳怎麽能吃這樣的東西?
Why ?They are the best foods in the country, They taste very good . 為什麽?這是鄉下的食物了。他們很好吃的。
No , thank you . I don’t like dry bread and corn . I like cakes , and cookies . Don’t you have any ? 不了,謝謝妳。我不喜歡烤面包和玉米,我喜歡蛋糕和餅幹。妳沒有嗎?
What are they ? I have never tasted them . Are they delicious ? 那是什麽東西?我沒有嘗過,好吃嗎?
Of course . They are so soft , so sweet , and so very delicious .I eat them every day in the city . 當然,他們是如此的柔軟、香甜和美味。我在城市裏每天都吃。
Wow ? ! You are a lucky mouse ! I would like to taste them someday , too . 哇?!妳是個幸運的老鼠!真希望有壹天我也能嘗壹嘗。
Please visit me anytime . I’ll show you the city . And you can eat delicious food every day . 妳隨時都可以來拜訪我,我會帶妳去看看城市,而且妳每天都可以吃到好吃的食物。
Really ? I can eat cakes , cookies , and sweets every day ? 真的?我可以每天吃到蛋糕、餅幹和甜食?
Of course . I am so excited. Can I visit you tomorrow ? 當然。我很興奮。我可以明天去拜訪妳嗎?
I have a great idea ! 我有個好主意。
What is it ? 什麽?
Visit me today ? 今天就來拜訪我?
Today ? 今天?
Yes ! Right now ! 對呀!就是現在!
Right now ? 現在
Yes ! Come with me now . 對呀!現在就跟我來。
Really ? 真的?
Okay ! 好哇!
Let’s go …… to the city!!!Y – a – h – o – o ! 我們走吧…到城市去!!!呀呼!
The City Mouse and the Country Mouse get on a bus to the city . 城市老鼠和鄉下老鼠搭上了往城市去的公***汽車。
We get off here . Wow ! 我們在這裏下車,哇!
Look at the tall building and bright lights . The city is so beautiful 看看那高樓和明燈。城市是如此的漂亮。.
What is that ? 那是什麽?
It’s a trunk . Be carefull ! 那是卡車,小心!
Oh , I didn’t know . 哦,我不知道。
The City Mouse and the Country Mouse finally arrive at the City Mouse’s red brick house . 城市老鼠和鄉下老鼠終於到了城市老鼠的紅磚屋。
There is my house , let’s go inside . 那是我家,我們進去吧?
Wow ! Your house is so big and beautiful . You are a lucky mouse . 哇!妳的家真大真漂亮。妳是個幸運的老鼠。
Let’s go into the kitchen . I’m so hungry . 我們到廚房去。我很餓。
Look ! Cheese ! 看!奶酪!
Stop ! Don’t touch it ! 別動!不要動它!
Why not ? ! I love cheese . 為什麽?我喜歡奶酪。
That is a mousetrap . If you eat the cheese , you will get trapped . Be carefull . 那是個捕鼠器,如果妳吃那個奶酪,妳就會被抓住的。小心。
Oh , I didn’t know . 哦,我不知道。
The City Mouse and the Country Mouse climb up to the kitchen table . 城市老鼠和鄉下老鼠爬上廚房的桌子。
You eat like this every day ? There is so much food . 妳每天都這樣吃嗎?這裏有這麽多的食物。
Here , try this chocolate cake. 這裏,嘗嘗這塊巧克力蛋糕。
Mmm . It’s so soft , so sweet , and so very delicious . 嗯,它很軟、很甜又這麽的好吃。
Try this butter cookie , too . 再嘗嘗這塊奶油餅幹。
Yummy ! Yummy ! I want some more . 好吃!好吃!我還要吃壹點。
Shh…Be quiet . I hear something . 噓… 安靜,我聽到什麽了。
What ? 什麽?
Vh – oh , it’s Old Yellow . 哦,不!那是老黃。
Who’s Old Yellow ? 誰是老黃?
It’s the master’s dog . Hide behind the cake ! 它是主人的狗,躲在蛋糕後面!
Why ? 為什麽?
Don’t ask questions ! Just hide ! 別問了,只管躲著就是了。
Old Yellow comes in the kitchen . Grrrrr …… Old Yellow starts sniffing around the kitchen table . 老黃來到了廚房。唔…老黃開始在廚房的桌子邊聞味道。
( in a whisper ) Stay still !!! Don’t breathe , Don’t make a sound ! (輕聲細語)不要動!不要呼吸,不要發出任何聲音。
I smell mice , Come out , come out . 我聞道老鼠了,出來,出來。
Wherever you are ! Arf ! Arf ! Arf ! Old Yellow starts barking and running around the table. 不管妳在哪兒!汪!汪!汪!老黃開始繞著桌子邊狂叫和跑著。
I’m so afraid . 我好害怕。
Me , too , But , get ready to run ! 我也是,但是準備好逃跑!
( Voice come from the living room ) Come here ,old Yellow ! You need a bath . (來自客廳的聲音)來這兒,老黃!妳要洗澡了。
I’ll be back , Grrrrr …… 我會回來的,唔…
Old Yellow leaves the kitchen growling . 老黃咆哮著離開廚房。
Thank goodness! Old Yellow is gone , We are safe now. 感謝老天!老黃走了,我們現在安全了。
My goodness ! How can you live here ? 我的天!妳怎麽能住在這裏?
It’s not too bad . You just have to be careful. Let’s have some more cookies. 又不是很糟,妳只要小心點就行了。讓我們多吃點餅幹吧。
Are you sure it is safe ? 妳確定安全了嗎?
Of course . Let’s eat , I am still hungry . 當然。我們吃吧,我還餓著呢。
The City Mouse and the Country Mouse start eating again .This time , Flufly , a cat , appears . 城市老鼠和鄉下老鼠又開始吃了。這壹次,毛毛,壹只貓,出現了。
Meow , Meow , Meow , I smell mice . 喵!喵!喵!我聞到老鼠了
Come out , come out , wherever you are ! 出來,出來,從妳在的地方出來!
Flufly sees the two mice and jumps up on the table . 貓貓看到那兩只老鼠並跳到桌子上。
Oh , there you are ! 喔,妳們在這裏呀!
Quick !! Jump !!! Run ! Run ! Run ! Run for your life ! 快!!跳!!!跑!跑!跑呀!快逃命呀!
Help me ! Help me ! I didn’t know where to run ! 救救我!救救我!我不知道要跑到哪裏去?
Here ! This way ! Hurry ! Hurry ! Hurry ! 這裏!這個方向!快!快!快!
Inside my hole ! Quickly ! 到我的洞裏來!快!
The City Mouse and the Country Mouse run into the mousehole . Both of them are out of breath , but they are safe . 城市老鼠和鄉下老鼠跑到老鼠洞裏。他們兩個上氣不接下氣,可是他們安全了
Are you okay ? ( out of breath ) 妳還好嗎?(喘不過氣)
Yes , But I am very scared . 還好,但是我非常害怕。
Don’t worry . Fluffy can’t get in here . 別擔心,毛毛沒辦法進來。
How can you live here ? It’s so dangerous . 妳怎麽能住在這裏?這裏太危險了。
It’s not too bad . You just have to be a fast runner . 還不是很糟,妳只要跑得快壹點。
I’m going back home . 我要回家了。
Why ? Please stay a little longer . 為什麽?請再待久壹點嗎!
No , thanks . The city is too dangerous . 不了,謝謝。城市太危險了。
But there is still a lot of food left . 可是還剩下很多事物。
You can eat it all,I’m going back to the country , and eat my dry bread and corn . 妳可以把他們都吃了,我要回到鄉下去,吃我的烤面包和玉米
But they taste terrible 但是那很難吃呀。.
Perhaps . But there are not trucks , dogs , or cats in the country . 或許吧,但是鄉下沒有卡車、狗或貓。
You are a lucky mouse 妳是只幸運的老鼠。.
MORAL: Mental comfort is more important than physical comfort . 精神安逸比物質充裕更重要。