我喜歡莫奈和塞尚,我喜歡他們捕捉光線的手法。
我註:王紙原來是文藝青年……
2. William: Did you always know what you wanted to do with your life?
妳知道自己到底想要幹什麽嗎?
Kate: Yes. When I was 5 years old, I wanted to be a train conductor, and then when I was 11, I wanted to be a professional football player.
5歲的時候我想當火車售票員,11歲的時候想當職業足球運動員。
William: And none of that worked out?
都沒有實現,對嗎?
Kate: Sadly, no. What about you?
很遺憾,都沒有。那妳呢?
William: My life was planned for me before I was even born.
我還沒出生的時候,我的人生就被定下來了。
我註:最後壹句臺詞很耳熟嘛……是不是在啥古裝劇裏也聽到過……
3. Ian, a friend: She's hot.
她(指凱特)真性感。
William: She's hot.
她真性感。
Ian: That's what I just said.
別重復我的話。
William: Well, it's worth repeating.
這話值得再說壹遍。
4. Olivia, a friend: "Why do they all keep staring at him?"
為什麽大家都盯著他(指威廉)看?
Kate's old boyfriend: "They're curious. Maybe he'll drop his drawers and give us a royal moon."
他們只是好奇而已。要是威廉的內褲掉了下來,我們就能看到皇家臀部了。
5. William: Class starts in half an hour.
再過半小時就要上課了。
Kate: No, ring them and have it changed.
打電話叫他們換時間。
William: I don't think they'll listen to me.
他們不會聽我的。
Kate: They have to. You're going to run the country one day.
他們必須聽妳的,妳以後要統治這個國家呢。
6. William: I love you.
我愛妳。
Kate: You do? I love you, too. I love private you, I love public you, and I love you that no one gets to see but me.
真的嗎?我也愛妳。我愛這個真實的妳,也愛作為公眾人物的妳,更愛除了我沒有別人見過的這個妳。
7. Lady-in-Waiting: Noo! Keep your legs firmly together. One must never allow one's legs to part even for a brief moment, as there is most likely a photographer with a long lens waiting to snap a picture of your undergarments. Assuming, of course, you wear undergarments. So many young girls these days seem to have no shame.
腿,並攏!壹刻都不能分開,要想著隨時隨地會有人在等著偷拍妳的內衣,我想妳應該有穿內衣吧?現在的女孩子太不知羞恥了,很多都不穿內衣。
Kate: I can assure you I do wear undergarments.
這點我可以保證,我穿了內衣。