Memories of My Melancholy Whores
《昔年種柳》
"The adolescents of my generation, greedy for life, forgot in body and soul about their hopes for the future until reality taught them that tomorrow was not what they had dreamed, and they discovered nostalgia."
我那壹代的青少年,對生活充滿貪念,身心上都忘了自己對未來的期望,直到現實告訴他們,明天並非如他們所憧憬的那樣,然後他們發現了壹種叫做?懷舊?的情緒。
"Age isn't how old you are but how old you feel."
年齡不在於妳究竟幾歲,而在於妳的心理狀態。
"No matter what, nobody can take away the dances you've already had."
無論如何,妳跳過的舞就只屬於妳。
Of Love and Other Demons
《愛情和其他魔鬼》
"Crazy people are not crazy if one accepts their reasoning."
如果有人能接受他們的思考方式,那瘋子就不再是瘋子了。
"Disbelief is more resistant than faith because it is sustained by the senses."
不信任比信任更頑固,因為它是由感官支撐的。
其他
"A famous writer who wants to continue writing has to be constantly defending himself against fame." Writers at Work
壹個名家若想繼續自己的寫作,就必須不斷與名聲作鬥爭。《Writers at Work》
No medicine cures what happiness cannot.
快樂治不好的病,藥物也無能為力。
"A lie is more comfortable than doubt, more useful than love, more lasting than truth."
謊言比質疑更順耳,比關愛更有效,比真理更持久。
"The secret of a good old age is simply an honorable pact with solitude."
安度晚年的秘訣,就是和孤獨簽訂體面的協議。
"It's enough for me to be sure that you and I exist at this moment."
對我來說,確保妳我此刻還活著,就已經足夠了。
"There is always something left to love."
終有值得我們付出愛的東西。
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."
生命中真正重要的不是妳遭遇了什麽,而是妳記住了哪些事,又是如何銘記的。
Love in the Time of Cholera
《霍亂時期的愛情》
"The only regret I will have in dying is if it is not for love."
對於死亡我唯壹會後悔的事就是並非為愛而死。
"He was still too young to know that the heart's memory eliminates the bad and magnifies the good, and that thanks to this artifice we manage to endure the burden of the past."
當時他還太年輕,不知道人內心會刪除糟糕的記憶、放大美好的記憶。也正是因為這個功能,我們才能背負著過去的負擔前行。
"But if they had learned anything together, it was that wisdom comes to us when it can no longer do any good."
如果說他們都有學到什麽的話,那就是智慧往往在我們已無力回天時才到來。
"I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of Him."
我不相信上帝,但我害怕上帝。