版本壹
Flightless Bird, American Mouth(破碎的夢想,自由的宣言)
I was a quick wet boy(我是壹個貧窮的男人)
diving too deep for coins(為了生活苦苦的追尋)
All of your street light eyes(城市冰冷的物質眼神)
wide on my plastic toys(肆無忌憚打量我的天真)
Then when the cops closed the fair(當世界再無公平二字)
I cut my long baby hair(我痛心斬斷我的幼稚)
Stole me a dog-eared map (唯壹的路途也已迷失)
and called for you everywhere(到處呼喚妳的名字)
Have I found you(我是否找到了妳?)
Flightless bird, (破碎的夢想)
jealous,(充滿了妒忌)
weeping (回蕩著哭泣)
or lost you,(還是失去了妳?)
american mouth(自由的宣言)
Big pill looming(都成了泡沫般的回憶)
Now I'm a fat house cat(我是壹個壹無是處的家夥)
Nursing my sore blunt tongue(舔著傷口縮回自己的小窩)
Watching the warm poison rats (透過與現實的厚厚隔膜)
curl through the wide fence cracks(看著惡心的人壹壹走過)
Pissing on magazine photos(他們搔首弄姿的炫耀自我)
Those fishing lures (骯臟的交易)
thrown in the cold And clean (如此冰冷清澈)
blood of Christ mountain stream(讓善良與仁慈血流成河)
Have I found you(我是否找到了妳?)
Flightless bird, (破碎的夢想)
grounded (漸漸失落)
bleeding (滲著鮮血)
or lost you, (還是失去了妳?)
american mouth(自由的宣言)
Big pill (誇張的承諾)
stuck going down(不再執著)
版本二
Flightless Bird, American Mouth(折翼之鳥,美國人所說的夢)
I was a quick wet boy(我是個愛哭的孩子)
diving too deep for coins(潛到池底尋找硬幣)
All of your street light eyes(街上冷漠的眼神)
wide on my plastic toys(輻射到我塑料的玩具上)
Then when the cops closed the fair(當警察關閉了市場)
I cut my long baby hair(我剪掉了留長的胎發)
Stole me a dog-eared map (偷來壹張卷角的地圖)
and called for you everywhere(無處不在的尋找妳)
Have I found you(我是否尋到了妳?)
Flightless bird, (折翼之鳥)
jealous,(妒忌)weeping (振翅)
or lost you,(還是失去了妳?)
american mouth(美國人口中的夢)
Big pill looming(把致命毒藥瘋狂咀嚼)
Now I'm a fat house cat(如今不再輾轉反側)
Nursing my sore blunt tongue(難生激情浪費唾沫)
Watching the warm poison rats (穿過與現實的厚厚隔膜)
curl through the wide fence cracks(看著惡心之人歡躍而過)
Pissing on magazine photos(搔首弄姿以恥為樂)
Those fishing lures ,thrown in the cold And clean(所謂糖衣誘惑,刺進冰冷清澈)
blood of Christ mountain stream(聖潔之溪徹底淪落)
Have I found you(我是否找到了妳?)
Flightless bird, (折翼之夢)
grounded (停歇)
bleeding (流血)
or lost you, (還是失去了妳?)
american mouth(美國之口)
Big pill (致命毒藥)
stuck going down(吞咽仍未停歇)
版本三
Flightless Bird, American Mouth (折翼之 鳥,在美國河口)
I was a quick wet boy (我曾是壹個愛哭的小男孩)
Diving too deep for coins (迷戀硬幣的玩樂)
All of your street light eyes (妳們那如暗如街燈的目光)
Wide on my plastic toys (散落在我的塑料玩具上)
Then when the cops closed the fair (然後警察們關閉了集市)
I cut my long,baby hair (我也剪掉了兒時的長發)
Stole me a dog-eared map (偷來壹張卷角的舊地圖)
And called for you everywhere (開始無處不在的尋找妳)
Have I found you ? (可我找到妳了嗎?)
Flightless bird, jealous, weeping (折翼之鳥,嫉妒,哭泣)
Or lost you? (抑或已失去了妳)
American mouth (美國的河口)
Big pill looming (瘋狂的掠奪隱約出現)
Now I’m a fat house cat (如今我成為壹只變胖了的家貓)
Nursing my sore blunt tongue (自顧舔著那腫痛而味覺遲鈍的舌頭)
Watching the warm,poison rats (眼看著快被毒死的老鼠)
Curl through the wide fence cracks (卷縮著穿過寬柵欄的縫隙)
Pissing on magazine photos (在雜誌的照片上撒野)
Those fishing lures thrown in the cold and clean (將那些魚餌扔進冰冷而純凈的)
Blood of Christ mountain stream (基督山澗的聖潔裏)
Have I found you? (尋妳千百度,可有果?)
Flightless bird,grounded,bleeding (那些折翼的鳥兒,墜地,血流)
Or lost you? (或已永失吾之所愛?)
American mouth (那美利堅之河口)
Big pill(pillaging), stuck going down (願掠奪傷痛,不再延續...)
版本四
I was a quick wet boy 我曾是個愛哭的男孩
Diving too deep for coins 苦苦積攢著那些硬幣
All of your street light eyes 而妳們冷酷漠然的眼神
Wide on my plastic toys 打量著我的塑料玩具
And when the cops closed the fair 而警察已關起集市
I cut my long baby hair 我剪掉了我幼稚的長發
Stole me a dog-eared map 破舊卷角的地圖被偷了
And called for you everywhere 於是我四處呼喚妳的名字
Have I found you? 我找到妳了嗎?
Flightless bird, 折翼之鳥,
jealous, 充滿著妒忌
weeping 回蕩著哭泣
Or lost you? 亦或失去了妳,
American mouth 美好的夢?
Big pill looming 遺失的美好,正漸漸清晰
Now I’m a fat house cat 現在的我, 像只肥胖的家貓
Nursing my sore blunt tongue 舔著疼痛僵硬的舌頭
Watching the warm poison rats 看著剛被毒死的老鼠
Curl through the wide fence cracks 卷縮著穿過籬笆的縫隙
Pissing on magazine photos 唾棄雜誌上的照片
Those fishing lures 把這些誘惑
thrown in the cold and clean 扔進冰冷純凈的
Blood of Christ mountain stream 基督山澗深處
Have I found you? 我找到妳了嗎?
Flightless bird, 折翼之鳥,
brown hair bleeding 棕色的羽翼滴落鮮血
Or lost you? 我失去妳了嗎?
American mouth 美好的夢
Big pill 遺失的美好
stuck going down 壹直深深地烙印在心中