在高高的天空上,居住著風和太陽
Both boasted that they were stronger than the other.
它們都誇耀說自己比另壹個要強壯
"Look, when I blow hard, the trees and houses fly away. Everything on earth can be destroyed in just minutes."
(風說)“妳看,我只要狠狠壹吹,樹木和房屋就會被吹到天邊去,地球上的壹切壹眨眼就都被摧毀了”
The warm sun spoke up:
溫暖的太陽卻大聲的搶過話:
"You can’t say you’re stronger just because you can destroy everthing like that."
“妳以為妳可以做那些事就感自稱妳比我強壯了?”
"What? Then what is strong? You’re just saying that because you can’t make wind."
(風說)“什麽?那妳說什麽算是強壯?妳說的這些廢話只是在掩飾妳不能刮風!”
Wind and Sun continued to argue about who was stronger. Right then a man was passing by.
Sun made a suggestion to Wind.
風和太陽繼續爭論著誰才是更強壯於對方的,就在這時,壹個人剛好路過,於是太陽給風提了個提議:
“Fine. Let’s make a bet and see who can make that man take off his coat.”
“好吧,那我們來打個賭,看誰先把他的外套給弄下來”
"What? Coat? Ha ha ha! What a joke. It’s just a coat. I’ll make him take it off."
“什麽?就壹件外套?哈哈哈哈……妳還真會開玩笑。我來把它弄掉”
Wind sneered at Sun’s suggestion and blew on the man. A cold wind blew where the man was walking.
風壹邊嘲笑這太陽的提議壹邊朝著那人吹著冷風。
“Oh it’s so windy all of a sudden, my coat will go flying away.”
“哦,怎麽突然刮起了大風來,我的外套會被吹走的。”
The man buttoned up his coat even more. Wind blew harder. But the more and more he blew, the man tightened up his coat even more. Wind finally gave up.
那人於是把外套緊緊地裹在身上,風拼命地吹著,但是他吹的越厲害,那人越是把自己的外套緊緊裹在自己身上。風最後放棄了
"Shall I try?"
“那讓我來試試?”
Sun began to shine on the man.
太陽說著便向把陽光照在了那人身上。
"Oh Why is it so hot? It was so windy just a minute ago, now it’s so hot. Gee. I can’t stand any more. I’ll have to take off my coat."
“哦,怎麽天氣又變熱了?剛剛風還很大呢,現在就這麽熱了。天啊,我受不了這炎熱了,我得把我的外套脫掉。”
The man took off his coat and walked on.
那人便把外套脫掉然後繼續趕路了。
Wind was surprised.
這讓風大吃壹驚。
“See, blowing a strong wind isn’t being strong. Being strong is to be strong with your brains. Do you understand?"
“看見了吧,只會狠狠地吹風不意味著妳很強壯,真正的強壯是頭腦上的強壯,妳明白了嗎?”
Wind blushed at what the Sun said.
風開始對太陽所說的話羞愧起來。