犯罪調查的第壹法則就是:
妳必須尋找各種可能解釋事情的方法,然後想辦法看看能否試圖推翻它。
2。It is a mistake to confound strangeness with mystery
將異常的東西和神秘混淆起來是十分錯誤的
3。It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
在沒有事實作為參考以前妄下猜測(論點)是個很可怕的錯誤.感覺不正確的人總是用事實去套自己固有的猜測(論點),而不是按正確的方法根據得到的事實來推導結論,看它能否吻合已得到的事實.
4。There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact
沒有什麽比壹個顯而易見的事實更能迷惑人了.
5。I never make an exception. An exception disproves the rule
我從不假設例外,例外會打破調查的原則。
6。You see, but you do not observe
妳是在看,而不是在觀察。
7。Crime is common. Logic is rare. Therefore, it is upon the logic rather than upon the crime that you should dwell.
犯罪是普遍的,而邏輯是難得的.因此,妳思考是更該關註邏輯上的成立多於犯罪本身。
8。Any truth is better than indefinite doubt
任何確實得到的事實都要強於不確定的猜測。
9。In solving a problem of this sort, the grant thing is to be able to reason backwards
在解決這類問題時,先前假定的觀點必須能夠向前回溯成立。
10。The more bizarre a thing is, the less mysterious it proves to be
越是稀奇古怪的東西,通常包含隱密的成分越少.
11。Some people without possessing genius have a remarkable power of stimulating it
壹些缺乏天賦的人卻擁有壹種非凡的激發別人靈感的力量.
12。I never guess. It is a shocking habit
我向來不猜想。猜想是很不好的習慣.
13。Depend upon it, there is nothing so unnatural as the commonplace
我敢說,沒有比平凡的事物更不尋常,更值得研究的了.
14。It is my business to know things. Perhaps, I have trained myself to see what others overlook.
我的工作就是了解事情.也許我已經把自己訓練得能看穿別人都看不到的東西了.
15。You can never foretell what any one man will do, but you can say with precision what an average number will be up to. Individuals vary, but percentages remain constant
妳不能預知壹個人的個性,可是能夠確知人類的***性。個性不同,***性卻是永恒的。
16。Where there is no imagination, there is no horror.
沒有想象,恐懼也就不存在了。/(恐懼來自於想象。)